Webhooks are user-defined HTTP callbacks, which can be maintained, modified and managed by any third-party users, in order to cause events on one site to invoke behavior on another.
Webhooks can be called from anywhere. They can be added in a VSTS/TFS repo's settings, to extend what VSTS/TFS does when the repository changes (for example, new code is pushed or a pull request is merged).
When the webhook is triggered, the assigned languages/projects on POEditor receive data from the VSTS/TFS file that is connected to it.
- api_token (required) - you can get this key from your POEditor account. You'll find it in My Account > API Access.
- id_project (required) - the id of project. You'll find it in My Account > API Access.
- language (required) - language code. You'll find it in My Account > API Access.
- operation (required) - can be one of the following:
- get_terms - brings the terms from connected file on VSTS/TFS to the POEditor project
- import_translations - brings the translations from the file on VSTS/TFS repo to the linked language in the POEditor project
- import_terms_and_translations - brings new terms from the file on VSTS/TFS repo to the POEditor project, also adding translations to the linked language
- export_terms_and_translations - sends terms and translations from POEditor to the linked file on VSTS/TFS
- sync_terms_and_translations - gets the terms and translations from VSTS/TFS repo and removes obsolete terms from POEditor
- overwrite_translations (optional) - when importing translations to POEditor, set it to 1 in order to overwrite existing translations
In the VSTS/TFS integration page, you can find a webhook generator.
Notes: 1) The export option can be triggered from anywhere, except VSTS/TFS. 2) How your webhook behaves is determined by how you set it up in the integration page, in the Settings of each linked language.